Learn about Composting Day 2017
29th May is Learn About Composting Day a great opportunity to “Go Green” and help the environment. Composting is easy. It makes you feel good, knowing you are doing your part to keep our environment a little bit cleaner.
Everyone can compost, it is not necessary to have a garden or allotment, material from patio tubs can be composted in a small modern bin. Kitchen waste can even be composted indoors using a Bokashi Bin or an indoor wormery.
If you are based in the Midlands why not arrange a talk to spread the word and celebrate composting.
You may be surprised at how easy it is to compost. If you are new to composting Carryoncomposting can help you with every step along your composting route from choosing the bin and method to suit your needs to helping you to get the compost mix right and solving any problems that arise along the way.
There are a wide range of activities you can do to celebrate this special day. They include:
– First and foremost, everyone should learn more about composting. See More on How to Compost.
– Composting Day is a great day for schools to create a lesson plan on composting. Schools Composting. Making a Rotbot Compost Safari
– Restaurants and businesses can buy composters to start a compost program and hold training for staff .Composting FoodCommunity Composting
– Organizations, local governments, and gardening groups can hold seminars on composting for the general public .Composting Talks
– As an individual, learn more about composting.
– Learn the different kinds of composting: Compost piles, compost tumblers,and compost bins .Compost heaps